As I look back on 2015 I'm left thinking, "wait, it's 2016 already?" I left 2015 overworked, exhausted, stressed, & a little sad it flew by so fast.
This past year has brought many challenges & opportunities -- it truly has been a whirlwind. However, it has taught me several lessons:
- Learn to say "no"
- Put health & family first
- I need to take time for myself
So for 2016 I'm saying no to resolutions, because, well, those never work. I am however going to set some goals I feel are attainable & will help start 2016 off on the right foot.
1. Slow down: I get caught up in the moment & many times have a knee jerk reaction; fight or flight. For this year I am going to aim to slow down & be intentional in everything I do. I am going to work on incorporating meditation, journaling, me time, & saying "no".
2. Enjoy the ride: I get easily stressed, which takes over in my personal life. I am going to work on reducing stress by slowing down, delegating, & breathe. I have a hard time relaxing, & going back to being intentional: I want to make sure I am fully in the moment so 2016 doesn't fly by like 2015 (also, because I'm getting married & I don't want that to be a blur).
3. Focus more on my business: my goal is to be a full time wedding photographer so that I can spend more time with my soon-to-be husband & family. Working 8-5 (or 9-6), 40 hours a week for a startup plus bringing work home has been exhausting to say the least. I am not able to enjoy that time with Matt as I am too busy stressing about what work needs to be done.
Back in October I was told by my doctor I was too stressed, beyond normal & acceptable levels. While I have incorporated a few tools to help reduce this stress, I am going to be focusing on changing my mindset for 2016. I need to remind myself it's not the end of the world & if it's an emergency call 9-1-1.
I am looking forward to an intentional, relaxed, & stress-free (as much as possible) 2016!